Adventurey is an innovative company made possible by a team of passionate and creative people. We are currently in search of like-minded people for the following positions.
Reporting to the CEO, the Merchandising Manager is responsible for developing and executing merchandising and sales strategies across multiple events and channels, both domestic and international. This role ensures a profitable and customer-focused approach is delivered by efficiently sourcing merchandise, maintaining a global P&L, applying analytical skills, and managing the online and on-site retail experiences.
This is a flexible role with work-from-home and full or part-time options available.
- Develop and execute hard good merchandise sales strategies across multiple international events
- Lead the curating, sourcing and procurement of merchandise offerings
- Manage the full merchandise sales experience at events, including: merchandise logistics and inventory management, floor planning, visual merchandising, POS processing and staffing
- Maintain a global P&L across multiple event properties and provide insightful sales forecasts to meet or exceed revenue and profit targets
- Achieve per event revenue, margin and profit goals for all product categories
- Lead the research and selection of vendors, categories, and products
- Work with leadership to develop product pricing, promotions, and inventory management best practices
- Builds and maintain production partnerships, including in key manufacturing regions
- Implement creative ideas and solutions regarding merchandising and display
- Develop on-site retail teams to uphold professional standards
- Act as a key liaison between creative, marketing and production teams
- Supports a culture of proactivity and accountability
- Minimum of three years of full-cycle merchandising experience, from product procurement to sale (traditional retail and online)
- Strong project management and analytical skills, a hands-on approach, and a passion for excellence
- Strong financial acumen and fiscal accountability
- Strong vendor negotiation skills
- International logistics experience a plus
- Possess an understanding of how the sales process impacts business and the customer experience
- Acts as a brand ambassador reflective of the company values
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills